6 x chopped boiled eggs
2 tablespoons chopped chives
2 small Avocado, cut into 1 cm pieces
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
8 small butter lettuce leaves
Thick sourdough seeded bread
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, ¾ of the chives, and avocado. Stir gently.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Carefully stir the mayonnaise and lemon juice through the avocado mix. Season again.
4. Place 2 lettuce leaves on top of each slice of bread
5. Spoon 2 heaped tablespoons on each slice. Top with remaining chives
6. Season again, if desired